Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Oh Tannenbaum, so grün sind deine Blätter!



As of late I've become obsessed with emerald green. First I found these huge set of rings, kitschy yet so fantastic. THEN I encountered this velvet blazer at Sisley and it was love at first sight! Everything about it was right - the fit, the origami-like cut of the front pockets, and they way the emerald green velvet made my pale complexion glow. Unfortunately on the day we encountered I didn't have any money on me, so I thought I would come pick up the -30% piece the following day. It had been reduced from 120€ to 85€, after all. Alas, the next morning when I returned with all my pennies and a big smile on my face my blazer was gone, replaced by an unshapely specimen which was way to big for me. I was sad.
The next week, however, I returned to the store and foolishly asked if they might have more of the blazers in stock. To my great surprise they did! A box arrived into the shop from the storage and voila, there lay my lover. Things couldn't have been better.... until - the girl at the register said "Oh, it's your lucky day - it's been changed to -50% off." I couldn't believe my ears! I wouldn't have to spend every last penny of this months budget? But when I heard the other sales lady mutter "No, it's 70% off." I was sure I had gone to heaven. It was too good to be true! With shaking hands and glazed eyes I lay the mere 35€ on the table and quickly grabbed the blazer into my hands, hurrying out of the store before anyone could notice how foolish they had been selling this little piece of beauty to me for such a ridiculous price!

Emerald green velvet blazer: Sisley, Dress: Small boutique in Frankfurt years ago, lace top (underneath): same story, Shoes: my mum's from last years summer collection at Zara, Green Rings: H&M

6 comments:

  1. That blazer is absolute perfection! What a great find and I hear ya on emerald green- it's such a wonderfully dramatic color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, where have you gone? You haven't posted in ages! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aws, I feel like a horrible person!

    I just got really busy and lazy, not better excuse. But I promise I'll be back, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! you have such an amazing jewelry collection :)

    ReplyDelete