Thursday, 24 December 2009

Happy Christmas!

Beautiful photo by Besimo

Dear Santa,

It's been a while since we last talked. When I was little I would write you a letter every year before Christmas and lay it out in the garden for your elves. A few weeks later you would show up on our doorstep, sacks full of wonderful presents. But then you stopped coming. And I stopped writing you. At first I was disappointed - why didn't you want to see us anymore? And what about the presents? But like with everything, I got used to your absence. And eventually I didn't think about the presents as much, either.
This year the thought of presents hasn't crossed my mind once. Don't get me wrong - I've been wrapping up delightful gifts for all the people I love. But I haven't been able to think of anything to wish for myself. There are, of course, always things that would be nice to have. But all those things really aren't that important.
This year has been though. Yes, there have been ups and downs as my life has turned itself over. I have explored sides of myself I didn't even know existed. And gathered much courage to step outside my comfort zone. Yet it's been a really inspiring year - maybe the most inspiring one so far. And along my journey I have come to find more and more, that it is not the superficial things that really matter to me, but those which I already have. Love, friendship and togetherness. Positivity.
So this year Santa, joulupukki, I wish that I can keep all the wonderful things in my life. Let us all stay healthy and alive, and become closer to each other. And let everyone else in the world love each other a little more. And to those who I have not been able to keep, I hope you get along. Say hi to the birds and bunnies in doggy heaven you two (because unlike the human kind, it exists)!

I wish everyone a really happy and peaceful Christmas!

Lots of Love,
Jasmin

P.S. Thank you all for your kind words about Twinky.

1 comment:

  1. That was a lovely little letter! And well said, I have to agree with your wishes, I think that's what I'd like most as well :) Very nice, brought a smile to my face! I hope you had a good Christmas then!

    Also, that photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete